The usage of mainframe applications is pervasive. As companies progress in their digital transformations, many faces challenges with their legacy mainframe applications. Major perceived risks, while modernizing and migrating these legacy applications to cloud includes security, unavailability of mainframe expertise, fear of disruption, cost overruns and lengthy migrations. However, the benefits are undeniable such as faster innovations, increased reliability, availability and security.
Our Custom Market Survey
The custom market survey was commissioned by TCS & AWS and executed by IDG Research, Q1 this FY.
- Title of the research: Modernizing Mainframe Applications for the Cloud
- Objective of the research: To understand the needs of enterprise customers to move mainframe application loads to enterprise cloud and enabling automation software and tools.
- Respondents to this survey: Directors or above, across industries and functional areas and were from companies with 1,000+ employees. These companies were hosting some legacy or mainframe production applications on-premise
According to survey results, the majority of survey respondents-87%-are either already using or plan to use a tool to partially or fully automate their migration. The other key insights that the research study provides includes:
- Challenges & barriers with legacy systems
- Benefits of Modernization
- Keys to Successful Migrations
- Approaches to Modernization
- Automation Tools and Products of choice, for Migration
Survey Result Components
The downloadable includes 2 documents:
- The insights from custom market survey results
- A white paper, based on the customer market survey
For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You didn't find something ?